Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

The First Bread Pudding Made Especially For Me!



A few weeks ago my girlfriend achieved a first that no one has done for me before, she became the first person to make me a home made bread pudding! And, let me tell you it was amazing. She used a recipe from foodnetwork.com (pasted below) that called for panettone bread. My girlfriend baked it to perfection. The consistency was soft and smooth, the sauce melted in my mouth, and it looked like a piece of art work. The sauce was by far the best part of the dessert. It was made with amaretto which brought the whole course together because the panettone bread made the base sweet.

One suggestion we would both give to anyone who wants to make bread pudding is to not use panettone bread. It is too sweet for bread pudding. If a simpler and less flavorful bread was substituted in the recipe it would have set a bread pudding record for my taste buds.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/panettone-bread-pudding-with-amaretto-sauce-recipe/index.html
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment